Company: Metallix Refining, Inc.
Position: Security Guard
Location: Greenville, NC
Shift: 12 hour shift
Conduct unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior). Control access and egress. Monitor CCTV and alarm systems. Compose reports. Deter criminal activity and misconduct. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
· Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
· Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
· Investigate and write reports of daily activities, incidents, irregularities, and accidents such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
· Respond in a timely manner to a plant emergency and/or accident such as a fire or alarm and follow the Company’s emergency procedures.
· Distributes security manuals and documents.
· Maintains facility security requirements and follows procedures for safeguarding proprietary and customer furnished items.
· Briefs incoming staff/visitors on security processes and debriefs outgoing staff/visitors.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 2+ years security experience preferred.
· Be able to work flexible schedules as needed.
· Working knowledge of customer security requirements and incident investigation.
· Be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors.
· Demonstrate an ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public.
· MS Office experience and/or experience security systems/software preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position requires the employee to work in a secured environment. The work environment involves exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and heavy machinery. The noise level in some areas are high and requires hearing and eye protection.
· Must become CPR certified
· Pull/Lift up to 20 lbs. to secure doors/security gates
· Must be able to travel throughout the facility; required to climb stairs, walk or run while working
CRC PreferredPlease send resumes to email@example.com. (Please - no phone calls or faxes, and resumes will not be accepted on-site.)