Eastern Carolina Vocation Eastern Carolina Vocational Center, Inc. - has an opening for an Operations Manager for the (Jacksonville, NC and Havelock, NC area). This positions is for managing operations and business development at MCAS Cherry Point Servmart store, MCAS Cherry Point Motor Transport store, and The UPS Store at Camp Lejeune. This position is responsible to ensure all activities support the mission of ECVC and are operated in accordance with ECVC's standards and guidelines, The UPS Store franchise guidelines, and federal and state regulations.
Position Summary - Operations Manager
This position will be responsible for managing operations and business development at MCAS Cherry Point Servmart store, MCAS Cherry Point Motor Transport store, and The UPS Store at Camp Lejeune. This position is responsible to ensure all activities support the mission of ECVC and are operated in accordance with ECVC's standards and guidelines, The UPS Store franchise guidelines, and federal and state regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate activities with other departments such as IT and Purchasing to ensure that customer requirements are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
· Ensure personnel, inventory, customers, and facilities are secure.
· Implement procedures and systems to prevent merchandise loss.
· Investigate known or suspected internal theft, external theft, or vendor fraud.
· Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
· Recommend new or improved processes or equipment to increase efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.
· Enforce ECVC policies.
· Investigate customer complaints about service and takes corrective action.
· Direct and supervise managers engaged in sales, inventory-taking, and performing services for customers.
· Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
· Instruct managers on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
· Implement goals, objectives, and procedures for Servmart, Motor Transport, and The UPS Store to meet customer expectations and improve profitability.
· Develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
· Plan and coordinate advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
· Motivate, train and develop all employees within defined territory.
· Ensure that each center achieves its targeted revenue projections.
· Ensure that each location is fully staffed with a competent team and ensure necessary training to perform job requirements effectively.
· Research, define and implement operational improvements in support of increased revenue growth.
· Develop the skills of managers to ensure maximum profit potential.
· Maintain a high level of sanitation and orderliness at all locations through the utilization of example leadership, and center associates.
· Train managers and other employees to maintain and improve center image, impact zones, and display areas.
· Communicate with area of responsibility Managers regarding all operations.
· Ensure that operational systems are in compliance with Company guidelines.
· CRC Preferred
· Knowledge –Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, project management, and continuous improvement.
· Critical Thinking and Reasoning – Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Able to combine information to form general rules or conclusions and apply such rules to specific problems to produce answers. Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Apply principles of rational systems to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal situations. Complex problem solving and regular substantive decision making.
· Communication - Ability to communicate complex information both verbally and written so that others can understand. Ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented verbally. Ability to read and understand written material such as detailed operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write detailed reports, procedures, nonstandard letters, and organizational policies/procedures.
· Mathematical Skills – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra and their applications.
· Record Keeping – Track, collect, enter, check, and verify data. Copy and file records. Compile, summarize, and complete complex computation and manipulation of data. Generate required business reports.
· Computer Literacy – Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer and computer programs. Skilled in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
· Light work with lifting and/or moving objects up to 40 lbs. occasionally, 5 lbs. frequently.
· Primarily sitting with standing/walking up to 2 hours per day.
· Ability to hear/speak or otherwise communicate effectively and efficiently with others.
· Good near visual acuity or ability to see small print.
· Ability to use hands/arms or otherwise operate computers, printers, and other office machines.
· Typical office environment with travel by passenger vehicle between work sites at MCAS Cherry Point, Camp Lejeune, and ECVC Greenville NC required.
· Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of experience or an Associate degree from a community college plus 6 years of experience or High School Diploma with 10 years of experience or a combination of education and experience.
· Need to pass in-house forklift certification within the first 30 days of hire.
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
· Any contract security or contract non-attribution requirements must be satisfied.
The contents of this job description have been discussed with me, and I have received a copy of it. I understand that this document describes the general nature of the work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties. Management may assign, reassign, or otherwise modify duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
All qualified candidates can contact - Patsy Machia (HR Manager);
Phone #: 252-317-3130 or