Vocational Assessment Specialist
Eastern Carolina Vocational Center Inc. has an opening for a Vocational Assessment Specialist. The person in this position will provide vocational services to individuals within Pitt and Beaufort Counties. Consumers come from all disability populations of various ages 16 and up.
Some of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities are:
· Supervise individuals in group and one-on-one settings during career exploration activities such as testing, job shadowing and volunteering in the community.
· Observe individuals and make recommendations for service planning in the areas of work readiness, level of on the job support needed, specific job goals, job interests and demonstrated abilities.
· Ability to work autonomously.
· Travel to job sites with the use of company vehicles.
· Critical Thinking and Reasoning – Ability to apply rules and specifications to analyze and evaluate technical information systems, and production processes. Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
· Reading/Writing – Ability to prepare written reports of findings and observations with recommendations for service planning
· Organization – Strong organizational and administrative skills. Be able to meet multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Attention to Detail – Ability to focus attention in busy work environment and with frequent interruptions. Exceptional attention to details and precision.
Education and Experience:
· 4 year degree in a human service field with coursework in tests, work samples, and situational assessment or 2 years of post-graduate relevant work experience.
· Certificate in Vocational Evaluation preferred.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· CRC Preferred
For consideration, please send resumes via fax to 252-830-1260, email: email@example.com or mail to Attention: Personnel, ECVC, 2100 N. Greene Street, Greenville NC 27834. Open till filled.