Eastern Carolina Vocational Center Inc. has an opening for (2) Part Time C&D Sorter at the Pitt County Landfill. This position is primarily responsible for sorting building materials, recyclable materials, and trash for the recycling stream as they pass on a conveyor. This opening is for an afternoon shift of (12:30PM-5:00PM). The ideal person needs to be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Willing to work at various stations as directed by the supervisor
- Differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable materials
- Sort and place recyclable products in designated bin according to product type to ensure correct processing and usage
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs. and walk or stand most of the time
- Ability to reach, handle, finger
- Repetitive use of hands/arms
- Able to work in a dusty environment with exposure to extreme weather conditions (hot in the summer; cold in the winter)
Access to dependable transportation and excellent attendance are a must. Qualified applicants may submit applications by fax to 252-830-1260, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to Attention: Personnel, ECVC, 2100 N. Greene Street, Greenville NC 27834, or in person at the same address. Applications are due by 7/20/18 at 4:30 pm.
These positions require individuals with a documented disability.