Front Loader / Equipment Operator
Power Resource Group and its affiliates (collectively, “PRG”) is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Front Loader / Equipment Operator, at the Carolina Poultry Power Biomass plant and Agricultural Services Company plant, joining a dynamic team to drive the performance of waste to energy projects.
PRG is a vertically organized developer, owner and operator of waste to energy and renewable energy projects (waste to energy, biomass and solar) having a strong pipeline of projects under construction or in development and presence in the US and Canada.
Several equipment operators required to cover 24/7 hours of operation at the plant. Standard OSHA-certifications and requirements, which the Company will assist in obtaining for the right candidate. Operators will assist in general maintenance activities during periods when feedstock loading is not required.
One position is required for the Carolina Poultry Power (“CPP”) biomass plant is a 1.7 MWe and 13 MWt biomass-fueled renewable energy power plant that produces electricity, steam and hot water for process use. The fuel consists primarily of processed poultry litter from a local processing facility.
The energy produced supports the health of the agricultural industry, mitigates greenhouse gases (is “carbon neutral”), reduces land application of raw poultry litter and supports the electric grid in North Carolina. It is expected that the plant will begin commercial operations in the summer of 2019.
The CPP biomass plant is located in Farmville, NC.
Two positions are required for the Agricultural Services Company (“ASC”) feedstock processing plant. The ASC plant processes about 230 tons per day of poultry litter into biomass feedstock.
The ASC processing plant is located in La Grange, NC.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspection
· Operate all equipment functions independently and safely, including moving levers to lower/raise and tilt bucket, driving equipment forward
· Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment;
· Coordinate loader activities with other drivers and operators
· Conduct positioning or moving of loads in response to hand or audio signals from team members
· Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine to exact positions as necessary and maintain safe distances
· Ability to stockpile materials
· Ability to perform minor repairs to equipment
· Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
· Assist trucks and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
· Adhere to site specific rules and regulations
· Fill out equipment log daily
· Prepare accident reports
· Perform other plant and yard duties as assigned
· 1-3 years industry experience
· Basic Safety Orientation certification
· Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions included but not limited to extreme temperatures (heat and cold), rain, wind, and/or wet/humid conditions
· Must be dependable, punctual and flexible
· In good physical condition in relation to job requirements
· Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
If you are interested in this position, please forward resume to:
Dana Newell (HR Manager): @ email@example.com.