Job Posting for Quality Inspector
ECVC has an opening for a Quality Inspector in the Industrial Services Department. This position is primarily responsible for incoming, in-process, and final inspection to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction in an ISO 9000 environment.
Some of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities are:
· Performs quality control inspections, checks, and sampling procedures for incoming materials, in-process parts/components, and end-item/finished goods.
· Checks color, finish, dimensions, hardness, or other measurable/observable characteristics of material.
· Performs accurate measurements using rulers, calipers, micrometers and related equipment.
· Accurately documents results of inspections, checks, and sampling procedures.
· Compiles results, prepares graphs/chars, and writes reports.
· Identifies non-conforming product. Writes tags and reports to production supervisor and quality personnel. Assists with material disposition.
· Evaluates and analyzes problems to support solutions and make preliminary recommendations.
· Coordinates the calibration of test equipment and maintain logs and records.
· Performs internal audits to ensure compliance with established processes and specifications.
· Assists with development and maintenance of quality manual, procedures, work instructions, forms, checklists, flow charts, and other records.
· Critical Thinking and Reasoning – Ability to apply rules and specifications to analyze and evaluate technical information systems, and production processes. Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
· Reading/Writing – Ability to read and interpret technical documents including blueprints, drawings and specifications.
· Mathematical Skills – Ability to understand and use fractions, decimals and related conversions on a routine basis. Ability to perform accurate measurements and interpret those measurements using instruments including ruler, caliper, and micrometer. An understanding of basic statistics is helpful.
· Organization – Strong organizational and administrative skills. Be able to meet multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Attention to Detail – Ability to focus attention in busy work environment and with frequent interruptions. Exceptional attention to details and precision.
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. 1-2 years college or technical school preferred.
· 2 + years directly related experience
· Salary range Minimum $12.08/hr. to Maximum $20.14.
· CRC Preferred
For consideration, send your application to: Personnel, 2100 N. Greene Street, Greenville, NC 27834. The deadline for this job is 7/12/16.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities