Eastern Carolina Vocational Center Inc. has an opening for (1) Full-Time Material Handler/Forklift Operator in the Materials Recovery Facility (Recycling Center). This position is responsible for pulling cardboard, trash and anything that goes up the belt. For feeding the belt with the forklift and, with the forklift, moving recycling bins. The opening is for the day shift (8:00am – 4:30pm).
Some of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities are:
· Move controls to drive a forklift to transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas.
· Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts and lift beams to load, unload, transport, and stack material.
· Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, and boxes, and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
· Differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable materials.
· Exposure to extreme weather conditions (hot in the summer; cold in the winter)
· Work around moving machinery and equipment
· Exposure to noise, dust, dirt, oil, fumes
· Frequent Interruptions
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred.
· 3-6 months related work experience with a minimum of 3 months working in an industrial setting is preferred.
· Need to pass in-house forklift certification within the first 30 days of hire.
For consideration, please send resumes via fax to 252-830-1260, email: email@example.com or mail to Attention: Personnel, ECVC, 2100 N. Greene Street, Greenville NC 27834. This position is open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran Drug Free Workplace