EASTERN CAROLINA VOCATIONAL CENTER, INC.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Program Manager – Christina Bell
Date Prepared: 05/07/2015
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Enter client Intake data in ECVC’s EMR system.
· Verify accuracy of billing data (attendance, transportation, units of services, dates of service) and revise any errors.
· Operate typing, adding, calculating, and billing machines.
· Keep records of invoices and support documents.
· Coordinate maintenance of fleet of cars for staff.
· Handle general inquiries and takes messages for staff.
· Answer telephone and direct calls as appropriate.
· Maintains client records, ensuring all required documentation is present within all prescribed time frames.
· Maintains computerized client tracking system status changes
· Maintains first aid supplies and office supplies inventory.
· Completes monthly billing for clients.
· Revise and print attendance sheets.
· Export, total, translate and enter monthly client notes/units of service/documents from internal EMR system (SIGMUND) into 2 external EMR systems (BEAM & ECBH/Trillium Portal Direct).
· Completes paperwork necessary to enroll new clients.
· Track client statuses monthly and annually in Excel for reporting to other departments.
· Track and report daily earnings to Payroll staff.
· Verify accuracy of transportation billing for payment authorization.
· CRC Preferred
· Copies written materials and distributes as appropriate.
· Records and maintains minutes of designated committees.
· Substitutes at switchboard for receptionist as necessary (mornings and as needed lunch/breaks).
· Responds to routine, written inquiries regarding client wages, confidential information, etc. Assists clients as needed for such things as first aid, telephone calls, change, etc.
· Critical Thinking and Reasoning- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out multi-step but straightforward instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables or in standardized situations. Frequent decisions, often involving initiative in identifying problems and potential solutions.
· Communication- Ability to understand verbal work orders and instructions; Write straightforward material such as nonstandard letters. Read and understand material such as detailed operating and procedure manuals, case histories, etc. Occasional public contact requires normal courtesy, giving/receiving and explaining information, handling complaints.
· Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
· Record Keeping- Enter, check, and verify data; copy and file records; track/collect data; compile, summarize, simple computation of data; research and verify data; legally required reports for accreditation, take minutes of meetings or dictation.
· Computer Literacy – Basic knowledge of computer and computer programming use; Software used: Pro-IV, Microsoft office (Word, Excel), etc. Thorough knowledge of referral source software programs expected (BEAM, SIGMUND, ECBH).
· Sedentary work with lifting and/or moving objects up to 10 lbs. occasionally, sitting most of the time.
· Ability to hear and speak
· Good visual acuity including depth perception, color discrimination, and peripheral vision.
· Ability to reach, handle, finger
· Repetitive use of hands/arms
· Frequent interruptions
· May handle difficult clients/customers
Education and Experience
· Preferred 2 year degree plus 1 year experience with data entry, medical billing or other computer based system processing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are interested, an application can be downloaded from our website: www.ecvcinc.com and mailed to the address below; you may also apply in person at:
ECVC HR Manager
2100 N. Greene Street
Greenville, NC 27834