in Recycling (MRF)
ECVC has an opening for a full-time Supervisor in recycling. Eastern Carolina Vocational Center is looking for military personnel in transitioning or a veteran for this position. This Supervisor’s hours will be Monday-Thursday 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm and 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on Fridays. The primary function of this position is to be responsible for directing activities of production workers engaged in the recycling areas. The second shift crew will work from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The majority of the workers on this shift will be ex-offenders.
During the 12:30 to 4:30 shift, this Supervisor will be working on the line with the Sorters and assisting the day Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gives oral instructions to workers pertaining to types, quality, and quantity of items to be processed.
- Enforces safety regulations.
- Notifies team leader of any deficiencies in production or material handling equipment.
- Maintains time sheets, production records, and other documents related to training, production, and quality.
- Trains worker in proper work methods, appropriate behaviors, and quality requirements.
- Communicates work area needs and/or problems to Team Leader.
- Models how work is to be performed and/or fills in on conveyor line when needed.
A high school diploma or GED is required; CRC Preferred. Also, 1-2 years of supervisory experience in an industrial setting is required. Dependable transportation and excellent attendance is a must.
Please submit applications to: HR Manager,
at ECVC, 2100 N. Greene Street, Greenville, NC 27834
Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer