Perform preventive and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, furniture, fixtures and equipment.
At Holiday Inn Express® we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
· Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
· Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
· Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
· Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance and capital planning.
· Lead hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts and ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
· Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
· Understand and respond to customers’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
· Carryout preventive maintenance program to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems and pools).
· Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
· May be responsible for hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
This is the lead maintenance job in a small limited-service or extended-stay single-site hotel with a limited range of facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional certification and license if required by law. Hotel experience preferred. Must be able to speak local language(s).
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.