CNA Technology, LLC
Quality Control Associate
CNA Technology, a new manufacturing business in Greenville, NC is seeking a - Quality Control Associate to join our team. This individual will be responsible for inspecting and testing our product for conformance to specifications. The ideal candidate is hard-working, motivated, energetic, hands-on, and effective in a team environment. See job description below:
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Inspects and tests insulated wire and cable for conformance to specifications, using testing instruments, inspection manuals, and blueprints.
- Measures diameter, wall thickness, concentricity of insulation, and thickness of wire or cable, using microscope, pin gauges, and micrometer.
- Attaches weights to cable to test adhesion of insulation to cable.
- Connects sample to electrical outlet and tests effectiveness of insulation under varying voltages, using such instruments as ohmmeter, wheatstone bridge, and galvanometer.
- Tests wearability of insulation, using twisting device.
- Tests breaking strength of wire and cable, using tensile testing machine.
- Examines and feels surface of braided metal shield surrounding insulation to detect imperfections, and cuts off or interlaces protruding metal strands of shield.
- Cuts insulation with knife and compares composition of insulation with specifications.
- Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; Associates/Bachelors Degree in Related Field preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience; QC experience in a manufacturing environment, cable/wire preferred
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel is required
- Self-starter; motivated and energetic individual that is accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving / troubleshooting ability
- Sound organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, including management, HR, and manufacturing
- Ability to stand and move about for the duration of shift.
- Lifting requirement up to 75lbs max.
If you are interested, please contact or email resume to:
Michael Kos (Operations Manager)