CNA Technology, LLC – has job openings for Welding Line Operators
Summary of Position:
Operator sets up and operates machine to weld metal tape over insulation on wires or cables according to specifications. Installs dies, machine screws, and sizing rings using hand tools. Starts machine and sets controls to regulate temperature and synchronizes speed of cable. Measures cable for conformance to specifications using micrometers, calipers, and gauges. Tests physical properties of product with microscope and adhesion tester.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Operate machinery.
- Perform changeovers.
- Oversee training of assistants.
- Maintain production and reports.
- Troubleshoot process and equipment problems.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Reviewing previous shift's production with operator being relieved.
- Reading operator instructions; reviewing quality standards and specifications.
- Contacting technician or supervisor if parts do not meet quality standards as defined.
- Inspecting parts, to customer specifications, and packing parts to packaging instructions.
- Recording scrap or non-conforming product on Control Sheet and place in appropriate containers.
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; technical degree preferred.
- Welding experience preferred.
- A minimum of 6 months manufacturing experience preferably in wire/cable.
- Self-starter; motivated and energetic individual that is accustomed to working in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Use of hand tools, such as wrenches, scrapers, die gauges, screwdrivers, tape measures, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving / troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to complete duties as assigned in a timely manner.
- Strong math and problem solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to stand and move about for the duration of an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- CRC Preferred
If you are interested in this position, please email Resume to:
Michael Kos (Operations Mgr.) at email@example.com