Eastern Carolina Vocational Center Inc. has an opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator in the Operations Support Department. This position is primarily responsible for providing environmental, health, and safety support to ECVC locations. The incumbent will ensure that all practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements through the coordination of regulatory programs, through the support, development, and coordination of training programs, and safety programs.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing guidance and direction in all Environmental, Health, and Safety programs for ECVC
- Administer the coordination of ECVC’s workers’ compensation program
- Oversee all audits, risk and loss assessments, inspections, and EHS analysis in compliance with all applicable regulatory bodies.
- Maintain all required documentation.
- Maintain and update all SOP’s and Work Instructions. Oversee all staff training.
- Maintain site preparedness and emergency plans and procedures.
- Lead Safety Committee, Emergency Response Team, and First Aid Provider Team.
- Collaborate with Operations Support Team and Production Leadership on safety and risk.
- Conduct high-level analysis of processes and risk.
- Lead the organization in continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, ISO Quality Management
- Operate with advanced knowledge of supply chain/logistics management, business management, and resource optimization.
- Communicate both in oral and written formats to diverse audience within the organization and external inspectors and stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge of all laws, regulations, and best practices within the industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Safety, Occupational Health, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Management, or related field.
- One - Two years of progressively more responsible engineering experience within a manufacturing/packaging facility
- CRC Preferred
For consideration, please visit www.ecvcinc.com/careers-ecvc, send resumes via fax to 252-830-1260, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Attention: Personnel, ECVC, 2100 N. Greene Street, Greenville NC 27834. Open until filled.
EEO Employer – Veteran – Disability – Drug Free Workplace