Eastern Carolina Vocational Center Inc. has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Operations Support Department. This position is primarily responsible for designing, integrating, and improving any manufacturing systems or related process at all ECVC locations.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Perform process audits with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Lead the organization in continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, ISO Quality Management
- Operate with advanced knowledge of supply chain/logistics management, business management, and resource optimization.
- Communicate both in oral and written formats to diverse audience within the organization and external inspectors and stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge of all laws, regulations, and best practices within the industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Three - Five years of progressively more responsible engineering experience within a manufacturing/packaging facility
- CRC Preferred
For consideration, please visit www.ecvcinc.com/careers-ecvc, send resumes via fax to 252-830-1260, email: email@example.com, or mail to Attention: Personnel, ECVC, 2100 N. Greene Street, Greenville NC 27834. Open until filled.
EEO Employer – Veteran – Disability – Drug Free Workplace