Eastern Carolina Vocational Center, Inc. (ECVC) - has an opening for a full-time Technical Support Analyst in the area of IT. This person will be responsible for providing quality desktop hardware and software support to the user community. Duties include installation and maintenance of computers, servers, and peripheral equipment as well as maintaining associated operational documentation.
Additional Responsibilities include:
· Provide assistance and work directly with the IT Manager when necessary.
· Manage Helpdesk requests and relay information to IT Manager.
· Document resolutions and close completed work orders.
· Setup, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, and other IT equipment.
· Provide desktop technical assistance remotely or in person to end users as needed.
· Provide basic instruction to users on various types of technology including computer hardware, applications, network resources, and procedures.
· Participate in lifecycle replacement tasking and other technical improvement projects.
· Participate in the creation of technical and procedural documentation.
· Responsible for resetting user passwords in Active Directory.
· Responsible for creation of new users in Active Directory, Exchange 2010, Sharepoint 2010 and Lync 2010 servers.
· Setup and Troubleshoot remote access VPN for mobile workers.
· Monitor backups and perform disaster recovery operations.
· Apply software patches and updates
· Install network cabling when necessary
· Support users in corporate ERP system for manufacturing, shipping, receiving and accounting functions.
· Stay abreast of advances in technology.
· Associate Degree in an Information Technology field with 1-3 years of experience or equivalent certifications with 2-4 years of experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent teamwork skills.
· Time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to quickly and resourcefully find answers to solve issues.
· Analytical and Critical Reasoning
· Ability to work on tasks independently
· Knowledge of the functions and operations of desktop computers, laptops, servers, wired and wireless networks, routers, firewalls, printers, VoIP telephony and common office equipment.
· Knowledge of standard network security procedures and protocols.
· Proficient in Windows 7 and Windows Server.
· Knowledge of network media including Cat5e, Cat6, Coax and Fiber.
· Ability to bend, lift and transport up to 50 pounds
· CRC Preferred
· One or more IT certifications such as A+, Network+, Security +, CCNA, MCSA, or other similar certifications.
· Ability to write basic scripts to automate redundant tasks.
· Proficient in Linux
· Experience with SQL.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
· Experience in retail or point of sale environments.
· Working knowledge of business ERP systems.
· Distribution and Logistics knowledge.
The salary range is in the low to mid $40’s. ECVC offers competitive benefits including group health and dental insurance, company profit sharing plan and life insurance.
Qualified and dependable applicants may submit applications to:
HR Manager, 2100 N. Greene Street, Greenville, NC 27834. This job will remain open till filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities